Friday, May 29, 2009

Recovering from prelims



The dog has been instrumental in my burn-out recovery plan. He is very willing to go outside with me whenever I wish, and will play or snuggle at almost any time of day.

I realized that there hadn’t been enough cute pictures of the dog featured in the blog lately… This post is an attempt to remedy that.

Everyone told me that it would be difficult to get back into the swing of things after prelims. I half-heartedly believed them, ever convinced that I would only need a weekend break before I could get started on my summer plans. In spite of my vast experience with being burned out at the end of the semester, and should have extrapolated that knowledge to guess how I would feel after finishing a busy semester and then taking a stressful two week exam.

In spite of wholly underestimating the required recovery time after my prelims, I think I’m ready to get back to work now. I’ve had a few weeks of “working” while actually reading a lot of the New York Times, knitting, watching movies, walking the dog, and listening to podcasts I’d neglected for most of the month of May. I felt excited about getting some work done yesterday for the first time in a while, and I’m pretty pleased. I think this summer will be a productive one, and I’m also looking forward to getting some intense knitting and reading time. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment