Monday, August 17, 2009

Fun in Ann Arbor

Here are Alicia and I enjoying ourselves at the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase.

Sometimes I find myself getting a little down on Ann Arbor. This is the beginning of our ninth year here, and it’s not that big a town. That said, there is more to do here than I give it credit for. We went for their open mic night, not sure of what we’d find. It was definitely worth the $5 ticket (and the $2.75 bottomless popcorn). They schedule the evening well, with the newer folks toward the beginning and more experienced folks toward the end. Everyone was pretty good, and we had a nice time. They also host touring comics who are often quite hilarious – we’ve seen a few folks there – and I’d recommend checking out the schedule when you’re in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment