Friday, July 22, 2011

Puppy Visit!

Approximately 2 days into my surgery rotation it became clear that I was not going to be able to lavish on Walter the love and attention that he requires. I have been spending 12-17 hours in the hospital (as I think I mentioned in my last post, sorry for the whining), and no matter how many people came over to walk him during the day, that still left him with too much time in his crate alone. I panicked a bit, but then called on the cast of thousands who have volunteered to help with him, and set up some puppy foster care for the month of July. He rotated with each my dad and mom for about a week each, and then came home to me on Tuesday. He’s heading over to Natalie’s house for next week, but his brief visit home has coincided brilliantly with my week of subspecialty urology rotation (read: week of awesome hours).

My family does a great job of wearing him out:

He’ll be spending most of August rotating around (I’ll be e-mailing this week… you know who you are…), but I’m really enjoying having him back…

No comments:

Post a Comment