Friday, February 15, 2013

Melon Salad

Lynn and I went to Isalita for the first time right before she left. It was amazing, and I can’t wait to go back. We had a wonderful server, and the food was absolutely fantastic. One of the many delicious things I ate there was a melon salad that I tried to reproduce at home, with some moderate success.


Melon Salad   
Cantaloupe (the restaurant used a mix, but I didn’t have that)
Lime juice
Sunflower seeds (would have been better with the pepitas they used)
Cayenne pepper
Salt

Cut up as much cantaloupe (or other melons) as you like. I made one serving at a time to avoid spoilage. Sprinkle the sunflower seeds or pepitas, drizzle the lime juice, and dust the cayenne over it. Sprinkle it with a little salt and enjoy.

On the theme of orange foods, my brother felt that I should have something "aged" for my birthday this year (thanks a bunch, Jake). My gift included some delicious cheeses. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment