Thursday, March 18, 2010

Match Day!

Congratulations to all those graduating medical students who found out today where you’ll be spending the next few years of your lives!

For me, match day was much easier this year. Last year I struggled with the fact that my medical school class was moving on without me. They’d moved on before (like when I left for PhD-land), but not in such a concrete and substantial way. This year, I’m just happy to see friends who took a year off moving on and matching! It’s also exciting to see MSTP students (other MD/PhD kids, for those you not in the know) that I actually know matching and moving on, living proof that it can happen, really, in just 8 short years.

I’m still a little jealous of the exciting places everyone is going, though I know that my time will come. I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment