Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Another knitter…

I spoke on a panel for a class of nursing students today. It was similar to all of the other panels I’ve done over the past 8 years or so, talking about gender, sexuality, and healthcare, except for one thing. Right after we came into the room, as the other panelists and I were organizing ourselves, the instructor walked onto the stage, introduced herself, and then proceeded to explain that she was going to knit during the panel and that we shouldn’t interpret that disrespectfully. I was so pleased to find another knitter! I told her about my own class/meeting/conference knitting, and revealed that I had a sock in my bag that I had considered working on during the panel, but had decided would be too distracting while I was presenting…

No comments:

Post a Comment