Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cider Mill!

A few weeks ago, my friend and med school colleague Mike suggested that we check out one of the local cider mills. I was really excited, and wanted to suggest the best possible cider mill experience, something that would be quintessentially autumnal. I perused online, and must confess that looking back, I feel a bit misled. Although I had heard great things about Jenny’s Farm Market and the Dexter Cider Mill, I opted for Wiard’s Orchard. Their website highlighted the fact that in addition to their cider mill, they had apple orchards, and a pumpkin patch, and even something they called their own “country fair.” When we got there, however, there was a parking lot the size of a football field, there was a high (it seems unseemly to print it here) entrance fee for the country fair, and the cider press proved to be a relatively small piece of machinery that you could watch behind a window at certain times of the afternoon. I feel obligated to note that the country fair also included karaoke, which is ridiculous. In spite of this, I think Mike and I managed to have a good time, but I’m optimistic that we can check out a real cider mill sometime yet this fall…

Mike and I enjoying the beautiful day...


  The best Wiard's had to offer...

No comments:

Post a Comment