Friday, January 22, 2016

A change of scene

Since returning to California, I've been cycling to work again, which is lovely. I greatly appreciate that I do not have to get into a car on most days. This commitment to commuting by bicycle has, however, been challenged by the rain. I think the only up side to the yearlong drought that has (had?) afflicted this part of the country was that I did not have to get out my rain gear for nearly a year. The down side to that was that I forgot how important appropriate preparations were to cycling in the rain. This has led to some important bike lessons...

 On a particularly blustery day, during which I was required to be at multiple campuses, I discovered that an impermeable boot cover from the OR makes a perfect seat cover! It even works if the seat is already soaking wet from being rained on during your entire robotic surgery...

 And today I invested in some fancy shoe covers of my own. I didn't think it would work to just put the blue ones from the OR on under my rain pants, though I guess that is my back-up option...

Everyone will be happy that they have lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment