Sunday, January 17, 2016

Goodbye, Hawaii!

I've been home for a week now, and am hopeful that I'll be able to keep up with a little bit of photo-sharing. I can only hope that the trials and tribulations of one ridiculous little dog can compete with the sweeping ocean vistas I've been sharing... Here are the last Hawaii photos to share!

 Can you find the critically endangered monk seals in this photo taken at windy Ka'ena Point? We watched them sleep and flop around for at least an hour. Perhaps they were post-call, also?

 The highlight of snorkeling here was a giant (>5 ft) eel we saw swim below us. We have some very avant guard video footage of us swimming, but did not successfully capture much in terms of the beautiful fish we saw. It was much more enjoyable once we stopped trying. 

Can you believe this is the same ocean? It's the SF side - I'm back to biking in the bay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment