Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hills and Island Snow!

Today I intended to have a relaxing afternoon at Kailua Beach. I did not, however, take into account that it is the week between the holidays, when everyone who is going to vacation in Hawaii ever descends upon the beaches, and that the first family is vacationing in Kailua itself, and that I have very little tolerance for crowded beaches. So I ate my lunch there briefly and headed out on my bike! More hills today than any prior bike ride, which was lovely. Not anything crazy, but probably a good reminder for my legs for the Presidio when I get home.

 I think we might be able to kayak to these...

I stood in line at the Obamas' preferred shave ice location, Island Snow. This one is lilikoi and coconut. There is a scoop of macadamia nut ice cream on the bottom, which I thought sounded interesting even though the president apparently does not take his shave ice with ice cream. I think there are some other famous shave ice locations I could check out, though I'm currently feeling more interested in breadth than depth in my dessert exploration...

No comments:

Post a Comment