Thursday, August 27, 2009

Amazing salad

I read about Mark Bittman’s simple summer salads on a blog I follow, and I was motivated to find the list for myself. The list of 101 Simple Summer Salads appears on the NYTimes website as part of “The Minimalist” column. So far, I have made salads #1, #2, #6, #14, #21, #23, #33, and #40. None of them have been bad, and some of them have been truly amazing. I would definitely put salad #2 at the absolute top of the list. The text describing this salad reads:

2. Mix wedges of tomatoes and peaches, add slivers of red onion, a few red-pepper flakes and cilantro. Dress with olive oil and lime or lemon juice. Astonishing.

I never thought I’d describe a salad as astonishing, but it was incredible. Simply amazing!

(I adjusted the exposure and contrast on this photo after taking it... Both of the bright photos I got were blurry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment