Sunday, December 20, 2009

Santa’s Sweatshop*

Now that classes are over and almost all of the grading is complete, I’ve turned myself almost entirely to the crafting of Christmas/Solstice gifts for friends and family.  Though I have been diligently knitting many of my gifts since July or August, there remain a number to be sewn/knitted/crafted.  I am pleased to report that there are only a few remaining items, and that I will be completely done before the holiday.  I may even send out holiday cards before the New Year!

*I would like to note that I actually take labor practices very seriously.  My crafting is only like a sweatshop in that I have set somewhat unrealistic expectations for the amount that I will get done in the amount of time that I have, and in that the lighting is not the best in my study.  Otherwise, I am taking plenty of bathroom breaks and have relatively little fear of being fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment