Monday, October 18, 2010

(Through) Chicago

I returned today from a family wedding outside of Chicago.  Although I’m feeling a little bit behind, I got to see my grandma for the first time in way too long (years…  really…) and had a really nice time with my family.  We went to the botanical gardens near my aunt’s house in the morning, and then headed over to the wedding. 

It was yet another lovely ceremony.  It really makes me happy to see yet another wedding that is so well suited to the couple getting married.  Everything from the welcome dinner to dessert at the reception seemed to fit Kristina and Evan to a tee, and I think everyone else had a great time too!  Congratulations to the newlyweds!

On the way home, we stopped for lunch at an unlikely but incredible Thai restaurant.  It’s called Ban Thai and the proprietor (Jimmy) is one of the friendliest people I’ve run into in a long time.  He introduced himself by name when we came in, and shared with us the history of the restaurant as he brought us our menus.  In addition to the food being delicious (and the lunch specials fantastic), the decor was just lovely.  It’s located on Niles Rd. just off of I-94 in St. Joseph, MI, so if you’re traveling between anywhere east of Ban Thai and Chicago, I’d highly recommend making the stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment