Wednesday, November 07, 2012

End of the CSA

My CSA this year caused more anxiety than last year. I think I was working so much last year that I got into the habit of cooking massive amounts of food on my limited days off, and eating salads at every possible juncture. This year felt much less organized, with rotations that were really radically different each month, and somewhat unpredictable. I wasn’t nearly as diligent about cooking regularly, and so I frequently had panicky moments until I figured out what to do with the massive lot of greens in my fridge. When I finally had some time at home a few weeks ago, I cleaned up my refrigerator and finally used the last of the CSA. (I will note that since it's very, very fresh when it comes to me, it's actually just fine to sit in the fridge for a week or two. Not ideal, but fine.) Some of it, okay, truthfully, massive volumes of it, became sautéed greens with a fried egg on top. But another large portion became this:


Eggplant + final tomatoes of summer + chick peas = delicious

There’s not much "recipe" to share, as I just roasted the eggplant in the oven and then warmed it on the burner with the tomatoes and chickpeas. I seasoned it with zahtar, which is a mixture of sesame seeds, coriander, sumac, thyme, cumin, and black pepper. The sumac adds a citrusy deliciousness to the whole thing, and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment