Sunday, November 25, 2012

Catch up

Somehow it's been ten days since I last posted. I was home for a week over Thanksgiving, and thoroughly enjoyed the break from the travel. I'm back on the road again, and wanted to share some highlights from my interlude visiting Ruti in DC!
 She lives very, very near to the White House, and I realized that I'd never seen the front side of it. Here it is, in all it's glory!

 We tried a delicious soft-serve spot that starts with bars of frozen yogurt and actual fruits (or pumpkin, in my case) and then blends them into delicious soft-serve. I got the pumpkin spice flavor with chocolate ice cream - a perennial favorite for me, but new to the astonished gentleman behind the counter. It was amazing.



I went to the Renwick Gallery, the Smithsonian Museum of American Craft, and saw some of their permanent collection as well the 40 under 40 exhibit, which featured 40 works that had been created since the opening of the gallery 40 years ago. 

There were no pictures allowed in the special exhibition, but upstairs in the permanent collection I was particularly taken with this "Bureau of Beaurocracy."

On my way to the museum I stopped at the food trucks (below) just a block or so from Ruti's house. I did not get the most exotic tacos, but they were delicious (above).


We also went to an aerial yoga class, but mercifully there were no photos of that experience. Unlike the class we did last year, it was not explicitly directed toward producing impressive photos. Instead, it was focused on destroying one's triceps, and it did an admirable job of that. Thanks Ruti, for an amazing visit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment