Friday, January 08, 2010

Back in School

The semester has officially started, and it’s kind of amazing.  I’m not teaching this semester, and I only have one class.  It was beautiful to make up my daily/weekly schedule (a one sheet guide for myself I’ve been making every term for the last 9 years) and see that really, the vast majority of my time is spent in my office doing my work. 

This is not to suggest that I will be taking it easy.  I’ve made a totally unintimidating (ha!) calendar of what I need to get done on each of my major projects between now and April in order to make sure I have direction and structure in my life even in the absence of coursework…

My class also seems promising, as it’s a seminar with John Holland, an inspiring professor affiliated with the Center for the Study of Complex Systems.  He also mentioned that his daughters knit, so he doesn’t mind if I knit in class. 

It begins…

No comments:

Post a Comment