Tuesday, August 03, 2010

August? Really?

I don’t think I have ever had a summer go this quickly. Or a year, for that matter. It seems like just yesterday I was marveling at the arrival of 2010, and here I am wondering how the first 7 months have gone by.

You’ll all be pleased to know (I’m sure) that I’m finally settling into the apartment, though I haven’t yet painted the walls I’d hoped to and I still have a few things left to pick up (notably an alarm clock). I’m also pleased to finally have a few uninterrupted weeks to work on the dissertation.

To help get through the unending heat of the summer here is a picture of the lovely Gellert Baths in Budapest – like swimming in a palace!

2 comments:

  1. Those are BEAUTIFUL! Did you swim there? Summer has really flown. Glad you have some time for the dis...I want it to fly by for you, too! :-)

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did swim there. It was really beautiful and made me wish I had carved out more time to visit all of the thermal baths in Budapest!

    ReplyDelete