Friday, June 03, 2011

Greens!

Knowing that my schedule would be pretty crazy this year, I signed up to split a CSA share from Tantre Farms with a friend. I have been looking forward to receiving a random assortment of vegetables, and finally, my friends, it has arrived!

This week’s share contained:

  • Asparagus
  • Radishes
  • Spicy Greens Mix (arugula, Kyona/Mizuna, and red and green mustards)
  • Spinach
  • Tatsoi
  • Lettuce
  • Kale
  • Green Onions
  • Oregano
  • Fingerling Potatoes
  • Cilantro, Chives, and Parsley (which were a bonus from Allison’s garden)

You may be thinking, how does one person eat all of those items in a single week. I am thinking the same thing. I gave some of the spinach to my neighbor upstairs since I had so much, and have been trying to plan my meals around the leaf-heavy share this week. (Apparently the crazy rains have caused the spinach to try to take over the world. I’m just doing my part to keep us all safe from these crazy large plants…) My first creation:

Spinach, boiled fingerling potatoes, and capers with Dijon vinaigrette

Dressing (Feel free to estimate on these proportions… I did…)

  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely ground Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • ground pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment