Wednesday, October 31, 2012

More voting!

That’s right folks, vote early, and vote often…

I wanted to share a few more links for those of  you looking for more information about local elections than I’d provided here. I did a lot of my own research during the primaries, and so didn’t have to do as much this time around, but here are a few organizations/news items that helped me out.

If you’re voting in person, print out a sample ballot to make notes to take with you! You’re allowed to take whatever notes you like into the polls with you, as long as they don’t look suspiciously like campaign materials – leave the buttons and yard signs in your car.

American Federation of Teachers (AFT) Michigan endorsements

AFT Michigan includes a link to local AFL-CIO endorsements

Ann Arbor News article about the school board candidates

Ann Arbor News article about the library bond proposal

Ann Arbor Journal article about the library board candidates

Have fun with your absentee ballot, or making notes to take with you in person on Tuesday, and remember to vote all the way to the end of your ballot!

1 comment:

  1. It was such an awesome experience to vote for my 2nd time in my life, and for the 1st time in person! I was so excited I researched and studied the sample ballot several times over the last few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete