Monday, March 18, 2013

Matched… and then…

Cross-posted on Dose of Reality

As some of you have heard, Match Day is over and I’ll be heading out to San Francisco to start my OB/GYN residency at UCSF in June. It’s hard to believe that the day is past, and no one really said what we could all anticipate after Match Day itself. Some had hinted that it was somewhat anticlimactic, but I didn’t find it to be that. Finding out where I would be living in just a few short months was nothing short of exhilarating, to say nothing of sharing it with so many important people in my life. Confirming that I’d be leaving the University of Michigan after 12 years here was monumental. What have been odd are the days that have followed. All at once I have nothing to do and so much to do. It’s too early to find an apartment, but too anxiety provoking not to peruse the SF Craigslistings; I don’t have any of the paperwork I need to sign yet, but I know that it’s coming and will need a quick turnaround; I don’t have the energy to really focus intensively on academic work, but there are so many things I’d like to get done before I graduate. I know it’s only been a few days, and it is all starting to settle into place, but I’m getting the sense that this is only a beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment